Here are some “Bites” to go green in your home and in your lifestyle. Some are old concepts, but it is good to get a reminder. Technology has changed and has jumped light years ahead in the Go Green Movement!
1. Get a programmable thermostat
2. Insulate more areas of your house
3. Get the latest insulated windows and doors in your house.
4. Replace High-Use Indoor Lights with Compact Fluorescents or LEDs
5. Get energy efficient shower heads
6. Turn your water heater down, it probably is on high
7. Get an energy efficient toilets, which have two flush systems
8. Wrap your water-heater with an insulating blanket and insulate the first 3 to 6 feet of hot and cold water pipes.
9. Use High-Efficiency Outdoor Lighting
10. Load Up the Washing Machines
These are just a few example of things to do in your house to reduce and save yourself some money.